Let’s face it: COVID-19, the respiratory illness caused by a new coronavirus, is scary. So many of us are frightened by a mere thought of getting infected! And what fuels this Corona fear is that no vaccine or cure is available at the moment that would prevent or treat the illness. Plus, the disease has turned into a pandemic — as confirmed by the World Health Organization (WHO) — spreading with a staggering rate throughout the world. Amidst all of this, it’s understandable that you would be worried. And if you are regular at massage parlors, which are often mistakenly viewed as a host of bacteria and viruses, you may panic. But worry not, we’ve your massage needs covered.
During the current COVID-19 pandemic, people need not panic. Why? Mainly two reasons! First, the spread can easily be controlled by following a few preventive measures. Second, statistics show that older adults and those with existing severe medical conditions such as heart and lung disease and diabetes are at a higher risk of getting the disease. So unless, you are an older adult or someone with a severe medical condition (in that case, you have to be extra cautious), you may easily recover without any significant health impact. But that doesn’t mean you can be lax with precautionary measures as the adage ‘prevention is better than cure’ couldn’t be truer during this time.
To avoid getting exposed to coronavirus, remember:
- To regularly clean your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially when you have been in a crowded place and after you sneeze or cough.
- To avoid touching your face, eyes, and mouth, particularly with unwashed hands.
- To maintain at least 6 feet distance from people, especially those who show signs of COVID-19.
- Wear a face mask every time you go out.
- To avoid public places and transport.
How Know Knots Massage Keeps You Safe and Healthy
At Know Knots Massage, we understand that you are most likely to refrain from visiting a massage therapy center because of the Corona fear and obvious reasons such as hygiene and cleanliness. You may question whether it’s safe to visit our office and lay on the table. Besides, the face cradle may bring extra concerns and fear into your mind. Our wealth of experience has helped us understand your safety concerns when visiting our center and receiving a relaxing massage.
To address those concerns, especially under the present circumstances, we follow strict protocols that have long enabled us to keep our massage therapy center clean, hygienic, and free of a broad range of viruses and bacteria, let alone corona. By scheduling a session with us, you will still enjoy our unique, customized massages, and calm yourself when everyone is anxious. To keep you safe and healthy, we follow these everyday protocols:
- After every session, we remove and replace all linens in the massage room, including all sheets, towels, and the cover of the headrest and face cradle. We stock clean linens in sterile closed cabinetry.
- We regularly wipe down all the lotion bottles, skincare product bottles, and stretch equipment with a disposable disinfectant and sanitized cloth
- We pay special attention to objects that are frequently handled, including but not limited to phones, massage stools, and tables, toilets, door handles, countertops, and cabinets. We thoroughly and regularly clean them with a disposable disinfectant and sanitized cloth.
- We regularly change air pads and filters as per the manufacturer’s directions.
- Every staff member thoroughly cleans their hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds before and after each massage session, before touching clean linens, and after visiting the restroom. We assure you of the safest and most hygienic staff you can ever imagine.
- Besides following strict protocols to keep our treatment rooms clean and organized, we have also allowed our employees to stay at home if they show any signs of common cold or flu. Similarly, if our guests don’t feel well and want to cancel or reschedule their appointment, we happily do it and wish them a speedy recovery
By booking a customized massage therapy session with Know Knot Massage, you can rest assured of enjoying a calm, soothing, safe, and healthy therapy.